Sunday, May 3, 2009

vegetable trio


Yes, I really did make a jello salad with vegetables. I figured there were so many recipes for it in the 50's there must be something to it. And I thought it was time to try something new.


Well, I have to say, it's much better than it looks. The vinegar adds a lemony-salad-dressing-vinaigrette type of taste to it. And it tastes more like a chilled vegetable salad then jello. It was really different. After getting up the courage to take a bite, I ended up eating almost a third of it. I was pretty impressed, I think I'll be making more veggie-jello molds in the future.


Here's the recipe I used from my Joys of Jello cookbook. And for a change I almost followed the recipe exactly. The only alterations I made were, I used cucumbers instead of cabbage and I only made a half a recipe, just in case I hated it.

T