Monday, August 10, 2009

vegan Jell-O

If you don't know what gelatin is really made from, you may not want to know. It's really just as gross as those recipes with the Spam in it because gelatin is basically made from meat. Yes, it's true. So if you a vegetarian, Jell-O may not be the thing for you. But never fear, there are alternatives to gelatin that are almost as gross as collagen derived from animal bones that they make gelatin with. Seaweed! Yes seaweed, it's been used in Asian countries to make Jell-O for years. And it's specifically called Agar. (I'm not sure where to get this yet, but I'm going to try this recipe as soon as I find some.) I heard it can make clear Jell-O and I loved the coconut gel I tried which someone made from it.
Anyhow, I found this recipe from September Pixie and you can try it here.
It's the best looking vegan Jell-O recipe I've found yet... and it's such a pretty color of pink!


Enjoy!
T
(Photo by September Pixie.)

No comments: